Friday, October 17, 2008

Spare time

Well, I have circles under my eyes, I'm sleep deprived, and probably not very well as far as nutrition goes(due to eating whatever is laying around and drinking lots and lots of coffee), but I have successfully completed Medical-Surgical Nursing, the hardest Nursing class of my Junior year. It was my first clinical class, and I loved spending time in the hospitals and being able to apply all the skills I have learned in hands-on situations. We have had next to impossible tests and projects, but it IS nursing school. I have learned over the past few weeks that nurses and nursing students must get used to small amounts of sleep and learn to love coffee!
Last week I spent around 20 hours working on my final project- a "care map" for a patient of my choice that counted for 10% of my final grade. I only got 1.5 hours of sleep the night before I turned it in, but it was completely worth it! I got it back today and got a perfect score!

And now...its Fall Break for me! Then back to school- "Nursing Care of the Individual with Psychosocial Problems"...fun :)