Thursday, December 18, 2008

Creative Christmas

So as a college student with little to no funding with which to buy Christmas gifts for friends and family, I decided to go the creative route this year. For those of you who are also short on cash, this is a great way to give wonderful and thoughtful gifts on a budget, and I know I personally love to receive handmade gifts, probably more than anything else. Here are some pictures of my most recent Christmas gift projects:




I am hand painting ornaments this year. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I really like them! I couldn't really get a good picture because of them being sphere shaped, but I tried!









I am also making desktop calendars. I saw an add in a magazine for gifts to buy, and one of the gifts was a desktop calendar. I decided I could make it, and I really like the results. It will have a wooden stand to hold the cards up with a place for a pen or pencil as well.























I dont believe in buying Christmas cards. So these are the ones I am making this year...