Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another update...

So I heard from Mom and Daddy again this morning bright and early and they have made it safely to Addis Ababa and were in the house they were staying in when I talked to them. They do not have internet that will work for blogging(dial-up), so they were unable to post when they arrived to let everyone know they had made it safely. They are going to try to email me some blog posts and let me post them on their blog a little later on, so we may hear from them.
They will be going to get the girls Sunday at 10am their time(2 am our time) and will be with them for the remainder of their time in Ethiopia.
I talked to my Granny this morning as well and she said that Toby Ann is doing great, and so far is being very mature about being away from my parents. She has said a few times "I miss my Mommy" or "I miss my Daddy," but otherwise she has not fussed or cried at all. My mom fixed a count-down thing for her before they left so that she can see how many days until everyone is home, and Toby Ann is loving it! It has a paper chain leading up to a picture of all of us that represents us all being home together. Every day she gets to take off a link of the chain. I thought it was a great idea! Thank goodness she is doing ok, we were all very worried.
I will post more as I hear more!